Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Long ways to go Part II

I stood there for a minute or two, considerin' the possibles.  Looked round bout me, looked up to where the path ran along the bank.  Caught the great big pair of eyes staring at me over ta the side of that overhanging branch.  Never did care for the way some of those trees seem ta move.

I pursed my lips, squinted my eyes and took a step towards them eyes.  Next thing I found myself sitting in the water.  By now, that fish seemed to have gotten perturbed. It was clicking and clacking in a manner that wasn't in the least bit friendly.  Them little fins was moving fast as it circled round me.  Hmmph.

I gets to my feet and wade over ta the shore.  Ya think I could get out of the water?  The river was rising with each step I took.  Nows when I starts getting tired.  And mad.  Crazy mad.  I reached up for the branches when that river carried me by that way.

Those eyes were still staring at me.  Nothing in them. I squawked a bit when that nutty fish came close enough to splash some water in my eyes.  After blinking several times, I managed to kick out towards that fish.  It backed off a bit.  I turned to see those eyes still staring at me.

Only now, they was peeking through the branches next to me.  I considered nothing else at that moment but the thought of getting out of there.  I just wanted to get the heck out of there and back to my own business.  Mind you, I wasn't scared.  No siree.  Not me.  I was pretty much shaking with how mad I was.  At meself mostly.  Leastwise, that was at that moment.

Next thing I heard this soft song coming from the direction of those eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ChiMiigwetch. Thanks for visiting.