Thursday, August 29, 2013

Long Ways to Go Part III

The song was familiar to me.  Grandma had sung that song so many times when I was getting ready ta sleep.  Yep.  The very same song.  I expec' most of us have heard it one time or nother.  A bit creepy when it came from eyes that had nothing in them.

There I was, sitting in the water, wondering if I should chance that click-clacking fish who was waiting for my next move.  Fine thing, I thinks to myself, eyes or fish, fish or eyes.  More squawks when something grabs my arm.  Squawks and splashing.  Me, tryin' ta get away, that claw tryin' ta pull me up in the tree.

Mind, now, I wasn't scared.  I was mad, crazy mad.  Something bout this just wasn't right.  Not right at all.  Eyes where there shouldn't be.  Songs that made no sense in the middle of the day.  Claws grabbing at me.

"Throw her back.  Too small."

Surprised me, that voice did.  That claw yanked me up into the tree and I bounced along the branch whilst that creature dragged me over to the trunk.  I jus' had time for a deep breathe.  Wham, I was flung to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ChiMiigwetch. Thanks for visiting.