Thursday, September 5, 2013

Long Ways to Go Part IV

"Wait a minute.  Maybe we will keep her.  She's not that small."

"There must be some use we can find for her.  Terrashe herded her this way."

"Yeah, well, her opinions generally mean trouble for us.  Remember last time?  We're still looking for a way to get out of the extra chores that one got us."

I was jus' getting my breath back when I was picked up once again.  I kicked out at the claw holding me.  A bit of advice if ya ever find yourself in this situation.  Don't kick out when you're dangling in the air, particularly if you've just landed hard once already.  Cause let me tell you, it could happen.  Well, getting a bit ahead of myself here.

"Hang on to her and throw."

"You try it.  That little thing sure can kick."

The hands that grabbed me were bony.  I jerked my head from the awful smell of the breath when I was dangled in front of those staring eyes.  No wonder there was nothing in them.  Two tinier eyes peeked at me from the nose holes of the mask covered face belonging to that awful breath.

"Well, well, well.  It's turning redder by the minute.  Let's keep her for a bit.  Maybe Terrashe was right."

The branch was a bit wobbly where I was set, so I scrambled toward the trunk.  It was a long way to the ground.  I was a mite dizzy when I got myself set.  All that tripping and falling must have been the reason for the strange sight in front of my eyes.

Two of the weirdest looking creatures I ever beheld.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ChiMiigwetch. Thanks for visiting.